Intelligent life

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChelC, Apr 30, 2008.

1. ChelC

ChelC Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2008
    ...is not how I would describe my chickens!

I'm still kicking myself for not having my camera, but this morning when going out to feed and water my chicks I had quite a surprise. One of my buff orpington's came out looking for a treat and when I dumped the old mason jar of water out I placed it on the ground on its side while I attached the fresh one. Not a millisecond later, my BO ran inside the jar looking for a treat and got stuck. She was just small enough to climb in, but not small enough to turn around. After ten minutes of me trying to ease her out, she freaked and managed to back out on her own. Thank goodness, I was beginning to think I'd have to carefully break the jar to get her out!

WHY did I not have the camera!?

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

awwww....LOL..Poor girl!!! [​IMG]
    That is too funny...That would have been a great pic!!!!!

3. CritterHill

CritterHill Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    SE PA
    Oh my! [​IMG]

4. normajean

normajean Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Howell, MI
    hmmm... I will have to be more careful with my gregarious chicks and putting things in there they can get themselves stuck in...at least she is out with no trauma to you or her.
    take care!

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    My BO are 3 1/2 months old. They are sweet, but my God, they are silly. They are not the sharpest beaks in the coop by any means, but I love them. I wish you had a camera too...I probably would have busted a gut laughing at the poor dear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by