Interesting Duck Article

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DrakeMaiden, Oct 25, 2007.

1. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    I found this article about duck . . . er, "equipment." Rather fascinating.

2. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Wow! I really have a hard time sexing ducks. Thank god the sexes are different colored. I'd like to think I get the geese right most the time (Embdens are self colored). They were swabbing one of the males at the Fair to check for AI. He put himself on display and I was shocked at the length. Usually when I'm checking the cloica you're lucky to see much of anything.

3. DrakeMaiden

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    Hey greyfields!

The first time I saw one of my drakes mating and caught a glimpse of his member, I was rather astounded! [​IMG] I figure that's where the term "screw" comes from -- as in corkscrew? Considering how many phrases in our language seem to be derived from raising poultry (ie. "don't put all your eggs in one basket", "like water off a duck's back", etc.), I don't think its far-fetched.

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    My wife gasped "What's wrong with it!?!" and then we both had a good laugh after I explained my minimal knowledge of the whole business end of waterfowl.

5. DrakeMaiden

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    [​IMG]

Poor ducks. Did you know they were rated the most comical animal by a group of psychologists who study humor?

When I told my mom what I had seen, she just said, "you've got some weird ducks!" [​IMG]

6. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    maybe that is where screw does come from. i thought it was pretty interesting how the female enjoying sex would let there be fertilization whereas rape might prevent it.

i know with goats, the guy can want it as much as he can, but the female has to say yes. and boy does she say yes.

7. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Pigs have the cork screw issue as well.... [​IMG] LOL
    Man on man them things are like 4 feet long!
    Ok I am sorry LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by