Interesting info on H1N1 and vaccine...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Nov 18, 2009.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
  2. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I don't know, it's a little hard to decipher the medical linguistics in that article, it actually seems to be missing anything medically related in regards to WHY it happened and seems to try and explain HOW MANY it affected when it did happen. SOunds like a frustrated writer, actually.

3. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    I looked, but curiously, they didn't have any links to published studies or any kind of fact that backs this up. [​IMG]

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

globalresearch.ca is a media outlet for the far left. Weren't they the ones who said Israel were the ones responsible for 9/11? Doesn't mean what they are saying isn't true, but know the source.

5. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:My thoughts, too.

The appearance of the site is rather unprofessional, as well. I try to consider the source when looking at new information.

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This Dr. Mercola is an anti-government anything type of person. He has no proof to support his claims and allegations. It is up to the general public to either educate themselves from several sources, including physicians of their own before choosing to inoculate themselves. There are those who are spreading misinformation such as this vaccine causes cancer, or ms, or many other different illnesses or diseases without having the information and research to support their claims.
    My suggestion is to look at the area you live in, find out the total number of cases of H1N1 and decide if the threat is great enough to make you choose to vaccinate yourself or your children. I'm a teacher, surrounded by over 600 students and many of them are ill and yes we've had cases of H1N1 here. I have a strong immune system, I can't take the shot or the nasal spray due to my allergies, and I feel safe without it. We send home sick children and staff to protect others.
    Check the credentials of those who are influencing you the most, the writers, physicians, government reps. etc. Make an informed, educated, choice of your own, not being biased by opinions, but facts and research.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
  8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] I don't believe them either! [​IMG]

As far as I'm aware, there have been 6 cases of GBS already - thats from the vaers site.

I'm taking my kids out of school early on thursday and they won't be going on Friday - the school will be holding a clinic on thursday and giving out the flu mist and the shots. I've heard of mistakes being made etc.. my kids just won't be there for that. I'm keeping them an extra day at home in case of shedding if any kids get the mist.

9. rnoyster

rnoyster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    I just got notified this evening that the wife of a close friend had passed. She had contracted H1N1 and was in the Cleveland Clinic in Intensive care since October 31st. She passed this morning at 3:35am from complications of the virus

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm sorry to hear that. We lost a 29 yr old mom of 3 to it this weekend.

ETA: We had our shot and spray clinic at our school today, I was so happy to see it was well received and a great turnout!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by