Interesting OLD photos, Family, Farming, Chickens PIC HEAVY!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by PortageGirl, Oct 19, 2009.

1. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

I Don't have much in the way of old farm photos, but love to see them... I do have some sort of interesting old family photos, so I'll start. Everyone is enjoying the other pics of US, so I thought this might be nice too.

My paternal great grandmother, Her first name was Malgorzata, which was 'Americanized' to Margaret, I'm told she was just as stern as her pic looks!
    [​IMG]

My paternal great grandfather, Andrzej, which was Americanized to Andrew
    [​IMG]

My father, WWII vet
    [​IMG]

My parents after the war, still somewhat newlyweds, young and in love!
    [​IMG]

a favorite pic of my mom, same day as last
    [​IMG]

My brother and me, about 12 years after those last ones! lol
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Those are fantastic! I love old photos like these!

3. Cackling Hen

Cackling Hen Just Scratching Around

Apr 21, 2009
    Port Angeles Wa
    Oh Oh my mom just gave me some of my great great grandparents I will have to upload them

4. PortageGirl

Oops! I meant to put this one in too, I think it was taken at the train station the day my father came home on a 4 day pass so they could get married. The story goes, that my mother was at the florist with her future MIL and because she'd been rushing around the whole week getting things set up, getting little or no sleep, hadn't eaten, and it was early June and quite hot, and the scent of flowers was very strong, and she fainted. Of course, in 1943, a rushed marriage, bride to be passes out, there was TALK! (my brother was born 10 years later, VERY long pregnancy!)

[​IMG]

5. chickinlickin

chickinlickin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Ohio
    Great pics PortageGirl - [​IMG] I love old family pictures ....I'll try to dig some up, too.

btw - Your mom is a knock-out!

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Wow I love old pics!...... your mom is stunning!

7. PortageGirl

Thanks for the compliments about my mother. I always thought so too, but yep, I'm biased.

Now where's everyone elses? I love the old pics too and am really hoping to see everyone elses too!

8. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    I have a wonderful photo of my great grandparents with their mule. My scanner does not work though so tomorrow I will see if FIL will scan and send it to me.

9. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    What a beautiful woman your mother was!

Darn, how do some people get so lucky with genetics? Most of my family is comprised of very average looking people.

10. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

Thats my great granddad and his wife, my great grammy. They lived in a little town in Kansas, and he supplied over half the village with milk. I have been told that he was a very serious man, and then he had a temper. Unfortunately, he was a heavy drinker and treated his wife badly (for example, used to make her sit in the truck (even when it was hot, and there was no a/c) while he went inside the bar and drank - taking his sweet old time). My dad told me that when he asked his mother why his grammy delt with it, my grammy told him the "with ever use-er there is a a use-ee" [​IMG] when you really observe people, you can see how true this is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by