Interesting still air situation

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dragonchick, May 24, 2010.

1. dragonchick

dragonchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    I have 2 Hova Bator still air incubators in the same room in basically the same area. The only difference is that 1 is sitting within the arms of a wing back chair, the other is sitting on the desk beside it. I have noticed that the incubator sitting within the arms of the chair holds its temp much better than the one sitting on the desk. There are much less temp fluctuations and the ambient temp doesn't seem to cause any problems. I don't normally run the AC so the outside temp has a lot to do with the inside temp of the room. I wonder if many of the fluctuation problems I see on here could be solved by placing an enclosure around the incubators? Just a thought.

2. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Probly the air circulation [​IMG]

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Makes sense to me. I stopped having trouble with my LG still air when I started placing a folded towel over one window. I'm careful not to cover the main vents so air circulation is not affected. But it works like a charm to keep the temp steady. Wings of an armchair seems like they'd help too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by