Integrating chicks

corthendo

Chirping
May 22, 2023
So I have 5 four week old chicks I think 2 of them may be Roos so I want to get 2-3 more babies because, chicken math. I can’t have roos in city limits so I have a friend that will take them and I know the younger they are the easier to integrate them. My bigger ones are in the run most of the day and brought in at night. But if I get little baby they need to be at a different temp so I’m not really sure how to let them get to know each other. Suggestions?

How old would the newcomers be? Up to around 7, maybe 8 weeks old you probably can just toss them together for "integration" provided that the younger ones aren't too much younger, i.e. 4-5 week olds to 7-8 week olds should be ok. So if let's say you immediately get chicks under a week old, by the time they're ready to go out (around 4 weeks of age) the older ones would be 8 weeks.

How old would the newcomers be? Up to around 7, maybe 8 weeks old you probably can just toss them together for "integration" provided that the younger ones aren't too much younger, i.e. 4-5 week olds to 7-8 week olds should be ok. So if let's say you immediately get chicks under a week old, by the time they're ready to go out (around 4 weeks of age) the older ones would be 8 weeks.
I’m going to Wilco on Thursday so they will probably be just a couple days old. I’m hoping they will have the breed I want.

Back
Top Bottom