Interior Coop Pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jason9111, Aug 31, 2011.

1. jason9111

jason9111 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2010
    Alright, I have seen bunch of coop pictures, mostly of the exteriors. I would like to see some interior pics to see how individualized each coop is. I have seen a ga-zillion exteriors but I need some interior ideas for nesting boxes, roosts, etc. Thanks

CapricornFarm, txhall3 and AmberHoff like this.
  2. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi, Here is my roost, poop tray, nest box set up in our 10' x 12' hen house.

[​IMG]

CapricornFarm, sra0304 and gilchicken like this.
  3. jason9111

Apr 25, 2010
    Fireguy, looks great. I hope we spur some interest in this thread because the interior is important in the build process.

CapricornFarm and ScottiO like this.
  4. WFA

WFA Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I am so happy to see a thread on interiors. We are in the process of designing ours... This is will help me get some additional ideas.

CapricornFarm likes this.
  5. equusbeth

equusbeth Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2011
    Waco, TX
    Quote:Same here!

6. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    I love, love, love Fireguy56's interior, and plan to model my upgrades after that, with the pooptrays above the nestbox openings and a choice of roosts up higher than everything else (a few of my chickens love to be the highest beings in the universe). But here's mine, currently, though this pic was from April:

[​IMG]

...and the whole 6ftX6ft coop:

[​IMG]

The dumb thing here, is the chickens exit via the big door, walk around to the hoop run and then we lock up the hoop run if we're leaving them outside for awhile unsupervised. You can't tell we got the chickens THEN wondered how to house them, can you? [​IMG]

Plastic nest boxes now, replaced the wooden ones infested with mites. The panelled walls are photographed to look like wood, but are plasticky, intended for use in basement remodels, and are mold resistant. They were on sale, end-cap returns at Lowes'. The few wooden bits still exposed are washed regularly with Adams Flea and Tick dog shampoo, dried and dusted with permethrin poultry and garden dust. Mites and fleas are big problems in our river valley, wooded region of northern Illinois.

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Very nice!

1 person likes this.
  8. real_redhead

real_redhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    Roanoke, VA
    Very cute!

9. jason9111

Apr 25, 2010
    Now thats a coop with some interior decorating. Looks great

10. FrankDegamma

FrankDegamma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2011
    I have the new coop boxed off for the new peeps.. though here it is. The roost is hanging from celing for now to keep out of the way, put it on hinges.
    [​IMG]

Roost on hinges.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by