Internal coop ?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by reksat, May 29, 2011.

1. reksat

reksat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    western,MD
    Is it easier on everything if the inside of the coop is finished with some type of wall paneling ? I'm trying to decide if this would make everything easier to clean or not before I decide what I want to do for the interior. Any advice ?

2. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    IT Depends on your construction.

If it creates spaces where bugs and rats etc can hide then no.

If you are talking about the interior side of a board that forms the wall then yes painting it will make it easier to clean.

3. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Personally I think it's kinda pointless unless a) you're going to insulate, in which case it's pretty unavoidable; or b) you are a super neatnik and all those exposed studs/crevices catching dust will drive you bonkers; or c) you are one of those people with a strong urge to hose the coop out from time to time.

JMHO, good luck, have fun,

Pat

4. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

If you like a clean coop, then I think either a thick coat of paint or some kind of paneling makes clean-ups easier. I know the exposed wood (roosts) in my coop stains easily, while the painted/panel parts of my coop are easy to clean. So it really depends on what you're wanting in a coop...
    [​IMG]

5. reksat

reksat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    western,MD
    Thanks for the suggestions .Still thinking about it,.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by