internal injurys

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Orp lover, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Orp lover

Orp lover Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2013
    My chickens were attacked ( I think Hawk ). What do i do? She has Internal injures.

2. GoldenChicks16

GoldenChicks16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2013
    Winder, Georgia
    Can you post a picture of her? How do you know she has internal injuries? Most of the time there is really nothing you can do by yourself unless you want to take her to the vet.

3. luvmigrls

luvmigrls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Washinton State
    I've never had hawk attack but have had dog attacks. I assume she has puncture wounds like dog teeth? Whatever the damage, first thing to do is examine checking everywhere. For initial cleaning use a dilution of 50/50 water with hydro peroxide. Then rinse with water and damp dry with gauze.
    Then I would apply a really good antibiotic such as Veterciyn on the wounds to prevent infection or what ever you have on hand. Like Golden check says" how do you know she has internal injuries" ?
    Are there wounds near vital organs? Is it visible? I always keep mine warm and where I can keep a close watch while in rehab. Check previous post for more info. on how to treat.

4. Orp lover

Orp lover Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2013
    Thank you. She died in the afternoon yesterday. [​IMG]

5. GoldenChicks16

GoldenChicks16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2013
    Winder, Georgia
    So sorry for your loss..

6. luvmigrls

luvmigrls Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011