Internally Pipping

dylanj911

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 9, 2013
I have a chick egg thats on lock down now they internally pipped at around 1: 00 about how long will it take for the chick to externally pip then hatch and will it try to peck a hole on the bottom and then get stuck i dont know?

You should read the article "Hatching Eggs 101". You will find it on the right side of the "incubating and hatching eggs" forums. You want to go most of the way down the page to the section titled "Lockdown" in big red letters. It will give you the best information that you can get as incubating and hatching have many variances and no one can give you the exact information you're looking for.

Please make sure to not open the incubator anymore and to get your humidity up to 65% to allow your chick the best opportunity of hatching.From what I can understand with your chick, you "can" have anywhere from 1-2 days before this baby can hatch.

Please read the article.

Great advice from Dcat there cannot be an exact answer the chicks will do the process of hatching when they are ready. Inbetween internal and external pipping and zipping can be upto 24 hours for each stage. Hatching cannot be rushed nature has to take its course. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom