Internation shipping questions!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MohicanHase, Nov 6, 2014.

1. MohicanHase

MohicanHase Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2014
    Ohio
    I have someone wanting to buy a pair of Cayuga ducks from me, But they in in the Czech Republic, they say they have pair air transport, but is it legal for me to send them from the country? I know nothing of shipping birds either, any help I can get on this I appreciate!! They also said if its sending to a friend I need nothing, and if they don't know the terms of trade its fine. I am just feeling something fishy about this.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
  3. MohicanHase

Apr 27, 2014
    Ohio
    now they have switched to wanting American buff goose hatching eggs. I am just all confused now. because I never said anything about American buffs. they clearly can barly speak English, but I am just going to forget it. lol

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Forgetting it is probably best.

5. MohicanHase

Apr 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Thank you for the help anyways :) I cant believe how many odd people find my adds. lol if they do turn out to be legitimate, then I will come back with more questions later. lol

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  6. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    If shipping birds or eggs internationally, they need to be NPIP, have vet health records, and need to be quarrantined for some time (depending on where they are going)
    If you or they are serious about it, it's best for them to fly here, take care of the importing paperwork, pay for the vet visits, etc. and fly them back in a crate themselves. Much easier and it at least shows you they are serious about it and not just dreaming. And so you don't go through the aggravation and efforts to fill out the paperwork, pay for the vet, etc just to find out they don't want to get them due to the costs, etc

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by