International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

here my new CLB young stock .
P1090067.JPG
P1090068.JPG

very cool .well happy.

chooks man

Hello everyone, Been awhile since ive posted my i thought i would share some pictures. I went and visited with Mrs Bev Davis this weekend and she sent me home with plenty of projects. I'm excited to watch them grow and learn from them. These are golden salmon, crele and silver crele and solid blues. View attachment 1689457 View attachment 1689458 View attachment 1689459 View attachment 1689460 View attachment 1689461 View attachment 1689462 View attachment 1689463 View attachment 1689464 View attachment 1689465 View attachment 1689466 View attachment 1689467oldest bird is 3 months.

OMG lucky!! That is so awesome! They look great. :D

@Chooks man

what varieties are needed to create salmon marans?

Salmon is technically called wild type and is the most basic color variety. In Old English Games it is called black breasted red. I imagine the wild type gene was passed to Marans from the gamefowl in their genetic makeup. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Here is my best cockerel from Queen and Max. He was a late bloomer and his tail is high but otherwise I think his type and color is looking good. He is leaps and bounds better than any of his brothers. Luckily he inherited Queen's copper and not Maximus's halo. Hopefully his breast fills out more. He does have a dark shoulder though, but I'm hoping he colors up more. This line takes forever to color up.

This bird is merely a backup. I am hoping for better cockerels from Duke.

20190307_113457.jpg
Screenshot_20190310-015057_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190310-015042_Gallery.jpg

Here is my best cockerel from Queen and Max. He was a late bloomer and his tail is high but otherwise I think his type and color is looking good. He is leaps and bounds better than any of his brothers. Luckily he inherited Queen's copper and not Maximus's halo. Hopefully his breast fills out more. He does have a dark shoulder though, but I'm hoping he colors up more. This line takes forever to color up.

This bird is merely a backup. I am hoping for better cockerels from Duke.

View attachment 1696935 View attachment 1696936 View attachment 1696937

OK he has a black shoulder and a tail is little higher but he has what you need in your breeding programs .
Gorgeous comb +
nice quality copper +
Gorgeous orange eyes +
lovely small tail .gorgeous form and shape +
gorgeous head .every thing is correct ,comb .eyes ,wattles .Earlobes ,etc...... +
correct leg length ,colour and well feathered , +
well balanced body when looked at from the rear .+
And the big plus he is free from any parasitic white as far as I can see . +

how many plus do you need to qualify your cockerel as a breeders .don t miss out .just select few ladies for his , they should excel in what he is lucking .

in my book this type of cockerels are classified as breeders for type , tail shape .Head and legs .
the hens or pullets needed for this type of cockerel ,they should be well coloured with a a correct tail angle and deep chest .

you ve done well my friend .you can not fix every thing in one generation ,but truly you have corrected many fault out . BRAVO ,

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom