International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

This is what chooks man said.

The issue is, i had ordered 7 chicks from another breeder that arrived a day after this post. So now this line is mixed bcm breeders. 1 blcm cockerel and 1 blcm pullet included. Total = 15

I will call this line A.

I bought a dozen more eggs from the original breeder (the pics of the flock i posted) and they are in the incubator now day 4.

I will keep this hatch separated and not introduce any birds to it for a few years as chooks man suggests.

This will be line B.

Problem is, im going to run out of space!

Pics as soon as i get them.

I think you have enough space . just have a good breeding program .so you can use the space properly .
rotation breeding system is very good for medium space breeding . if you want to know about this method and does work let me know .i will explain it to you .

chooks man

Not easy taking pics and im not good at it.
I have a pair of blcm.

Im thinking to put my blue cockerel with the cclb and ee's.he is also the oldest of the bunch.

View attachment 2159045View attachment 2159046

Pullet she is very timid.

View attachment 2159040View attachment 2159054View attachment 2159056View attachment 2159060
first what cclb?
by the way ,the BLCM pair are gorgeous .love the cockerel body type ,well put together .lovely correct body type .
the pullets is great too ,just no posing for the photos .

chooks man

to tell you a truth .my cockerels pens are always my favorite pens , cockerels they come to great me and hung around me . they not always looking for a treat .
they are not allowed to flap they wings and look at me in

impressive set up . well put together . great for breeding .
chooks man

sorry 2 post are mixed together .
chooks man

My biggest cockerel of the bcm. Thats not white on his back. Its reflection. About 5 weeks old. Slow feathering i think. His ugly stage lasted a loooong time.

He also wouldnt let me get a top or back or front pic.

View attachment 2159108

View attachment 2159103

View attachment 2159109

View attachment 2159111

I really like this little guy , long ,wide ,chunky ,balanced cockerel .
love his head ;eyes /comb .
he is early feathering type .his tail is good shape and angle fully formed .
good plumage free from any fluff .
correct feet .well feathered and colored .

he is a good one .
chooks man

gorgeous type .love her blue eyes .sign they will be well bright orange when fully mature .
every thing is good about her .

love this line .parents stock ,the eggs and the chicks type . a lot work has been done to this sublime line ,my hat to the breeder .
keep this line going as long as you want to keep marans chooks . you just to maintain it that all . add some thing to it to make it more of your true line . I show you how to do it .

chooks man

yeah he is mossy right now ,but that does not mean he will be over colored .not true .they change so many time before they are mature .
his body type I don t like thin and long link a pullet .plus his comb has less points . that what worry me . not his color .

chooks man

I didnt see his long body. I have a lot to learn. Sooo much.

You had mentioned mossy on top not so bad. Mossy on chest and lower was bad when young.

Cclb = crested cream legbar? I did that wrong didnt i? Ha!
Is it ccl?

I think you have enough space . just have a good breeding program .so you can use the space properly .
rotation breeding system is very good for medium space breeding . if you want to know about this method and does work let me know .i will explain it to you .

chooks man
When the time comes, i will certainly ask you to help me with this. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom