International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I didnt see his long body. I have a lot to learn. Sooo much.

You had mentioned mossy on top not so bad. Mossy on chest and lower was bad when young.

Cclb = crested cream legbar? I did that wrong didnt i? Ha!
Is it ccl?

got it .CLB for me .
mossy breast and lower part of the chicks is good and bad .
I tell you way ,those chicks will have some amount of copper on the chest when fully grown , how much we can t tell ,because they molt many times .
the SOP { French or US } are not very clear if the BCM rooster should have a pure black chest without any copper or he should have some copper ,not laced but some copper .to produce this type of rooster you need the mossy chicks on the chest area .

problem breeding BCM rooster with a pure black chest no copper at all ,his pullets progeny will have incomplete hackle marking ,it is a reason we see too many BCM hens without a full hackle marking .

chooks man

this guy has too much feathers on his feet . .need a close up photos of his feet and thigh .
does his middle toes has feathers?

love his body type ,head/comb and eyes .
chooks man
He wont stand still but you are right.
Feathers on middle toe. There are a couple like that. I also notice a few have heavy feathering on legs.

A mix of 2
gorgeous type .love her blue eyes .sign they will be well bright orange when fully mature .
every thing is good about her .

love this line .parents stock ,the eggs and the chicks type . a lot work has been done to this sublime line ,my hat to the breeder .
keep this line going as long as you want to keep marans chooks . you just to maintain it that all . add some thing to it to make it more of your true line . I show you how to do it .

chooks man

The chicks i have been showing you are line A.
A mix of 2 different lines.

The eggs i hatched from a local woman who only has 1 cockerel and about 6 hens. Bev Davis line. The nosy little pullet you like was hatched from these.
I bought another dozen to incubate.

I bought 7 as chicks from a breeder on line. She sent me various ages. 3 day olds, 7 day olds, 2 week and the blcm cockerel was about 4 weeks old. Greenfire farm line.

Because this flock is mixed, it makes me nervous what flaws will come out with the on line purchase. I am assuming her claim of egg color #6,7,8 is truthful and she has good stock.
I guess i just dont know what im doing at this point so i expect to make huge mistakes.

The big bcm cockerel is an on line chick as are the 2 blcm. So she must have pretty good stock or im just lucky at the moment.

So this line A will have mixed blood.

Line B will be just the hatched eggs. No new blood.

Of course im open to any suggestions .
20200520_174422.jpg

Back
Top Bottom