International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I know this isn't Marans related but kind of related. We lost our old dog at 17 years old and with no outside dogs to keep an eye out for predators. This is my new puppy Jasmine she is 8 weeks old.

20200801_192020.jpg
20200802_111752.jpg

I purchased a tabletop incubator yesterday. Today is the start of day 18 and lock-down. I couldn't help feeling that by keeping all of the eggs in the same hatcher, I would be sacrificing some either to drowning or to being shrink-wrapped. So I'm keeping the larger eggs (12 total) that need to lose more weight rapidly in our DIY cabinet incubator without increasing the humidity. I'll continue to monitor them but it's pretty dry in there. The remaining 8 eggs are in the tabletop incubator that I just purchased with a higher humidity level (currently 60%). I did let it run for a bit and checked the temp/humidity levels with independent, calibrated thermometer and humidistat.
Cross our fingers, say some prayers for my babies... 20 went into lock-down but I'm pretty sure one of them quit last week. I'm just giving it the benefit of the doubt. :fl 🙏

I purchased a tabletop incubator yesterday. Today is the start of day 18 and lock-down. I couldn't help feeling that by keeping all of the eggs in the same hatcher, I would be sacrificing some either to drowning or to being shrink-wrapped. So I'm keeping the larger eggs (12 total) that need to lose more weight rapidly in our DIY cabinet incubator without increasing the humidity. I'll continue to monitor them but it's pretty dry in there. The remaining 8 eggs are in the tabletop incubator that I just purchased with a higher humidity level (currently 60%). I did let it run for a bit and checked the temp/humidity levels with independent, calibrated thermometer and humidistat.
Cross our fingers, say some prayers for my babies... 20 went into lock-down but I'm pretty sure one of them quit last week. I'm just giving it the benefit of the doubt. :fl 🙏

good luck with your hatch .
you have done well by separating the eggs .

chooks man

she is gorgeous .what breed s she please ? jasmine is a cool name .

chooks man
She is German Rottweiler. We are socializing her so she will be good with people and other animals. Lots of hard work ahead. She doesn't ever want to be away from me. She will not even eat in the other room. If I walk out she follows. She hasn't gone after the cats or payed any attention to the Pheasants or chickens.

So my favorites are 2 months old this week. This is line #1. The ones I hatched. Egg color around 5,6,7.

While i was rebanding them i snapped some pics.
There are only 6 of them but their coming along well. Remember the cockerel with a lot of white that i said was a jerk? His name is now "Negan".
Although i will say hes behaving lately...he is also the biggest and heaviest.

20200803_131010.jpg

So my favorites are 2 months old this week. This is line #1. The ones I hatched. Egg color around 5,6,7.

While i was rebanding them i snapped some pics.
There are only 6 of them but their coming along well. Remember the cockerel with a lot of white that i said was a jerk? His name is now "Negan".
Although i will say hes behaving lately...he is also the biggest and heaviest.

View attachment 2274892

they look good .healthy and chunky .
I was worrying about they feet feathering { Vulture hock } . I was wrong .they have well feathered feet .
nice copper coming alone . great .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom