International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

this line has a great body type ,and i think they will be correctly colored .
they weakest point is a open tail and cockerel comb need work . not hard to fix those traits .the most important thing { Body type } they have gorgeous body type, they are long /wide and chunky . great head on them .
I do like this line .

chooks man

Line #2 are now 3 weeks old. These i mail ordered. I did not get to see their parents but they are from a reputable breeder. They claim to only hatch from # 7,8,9 eggs.

I dont know what to think of these ones. Are they giraffes or marans?

Slow feathering for sure, looong and thin, narrow leg spacing, light feathering on feet. But their hatch down color was nice...look at them necks.

I am curious as to how the grow out.

20200803_125208.jpg
20200803_125117.jpg
20200803_125058.jpg
20200803_125053.jpg
20200803_125049.jpg
20200803_125025.jpg
20200803_125007.jpg
20200803_124956.jpg

this line has a great body type ,and i think they will be correctly colored .
they weakest point is a open tail and cockerel comb need work . not hard to fix those traits .the most important thing { Body type } they have gorgeous body type, they are long /wide and chunky . great head on them .
I do like this line .

chooks man

Thank you. I like this line too.
One of the cockerel combs has the thick wide bump towards the back that has me worried. Just like his sire. Do you remember that pic?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200514-112944_BackYard Chickens.jpg
    Screenshot_20200514-112944_BackYard Chickens.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 7
Line #2 are now 3 weeks old. These i mail ordered. I did not get to see their parents but they are from a reputable breeder. They claim to only hatch from # 7,8,9 eggs.

I dont know what to think of these ones. Are they giraffes or marans?

Slow feathering for sure, looong and thin, narrow leg spacing, light feathering on feet. But their hatch down color was nice...look at them necks.

I am curious as to how the grow out.

View attachment 2274917View attachment 2274918View attachment 2274919View attachment 2274920View attachment 2274921View attachment 2274922View attachment 2274923View attachment 2274924

they are different type .tall and long . late maturing for sure ,gorgeous head ./eyes and comb ..but there is some really nice one in there .

chooks man

Thank you. I like this line too.
One of the cockerel combs has the thick wide bump towards the back that has me worried. Just like his sire. Do you remember that pic?

his son will look like him . big comb and big tail .
line #2 will help you to fix that I hope .because they are different .

you have a good starting base .2 totally different lines .
chooks man

his son will look like him . big comb and big tail .
line #2 will help you to fix that I hope .because they are different .

you have a good starting base .2 totally different lines .
chooks man

I hate to say it but it is chick #1 that we both really liked at hatch that has the bump. Glen. The one i wanted to breed with his full sister Maggie.

Im very bummed but all is not lost until they are grown.

Please tell me im right.

Well that is good to know.
Im so used to my other marans...chunky, that these chicks look very strange to me.

that what I like about them ,they are different .
take note and we will see how they turn up when fully mature .they will be tall and long .not sure about the width and mass
they have 2 thing you need to help you fix the line #1. good head and less feathering legs .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom