International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I hate to say it but it is chick #1 that we both really liked at hatch that has the bump. Glen. The one i wanted to breed with his full sister Maggie.

Im very bummed but all is not lost until they are grown.

Please tell me im right.

when they fully grown .I will show you how to breed them .
true sibling mating at least ones ,will help you see the recessive genes before the inbreed the line .
maybe you don t have to breed them together if some nice cockerel show up in line #2.

chooks man

Re sex link; her cockerels will be slower feathering?

yes because she is slow feathering type .
your cockerel from line #1 are fast feathering type .
if you mate them together they will throw sex linked chicks .pullets early feathering type .cockerel late feathering type .great way to sex day old chicks when working with BCM

chooks man

1596479413193.png

@Punkybrewster
good looking long pullet .low to the ground and holding her tail low .,gorgeous phenotype .lovely head .

chooks man

View attachment 2274962
@Punkybrewster
good looking long pullet .low to the ground and holding her tail low .,gorgeous phenotype .lovely head .

chooks man

Yes. I noticed when i took the pic that she is looking lovely. Her name is going to be Carol.

I dont usually name my chickens, well, only a couple that stand out, but this little flock is my favorite.

Yes. I noticed when i took the pic that she is looking lovely. Her name is going to be Carol.

I dont usually name my chickens, well, only a couple that stand out, but this little flock is my favorite.

I name my chooks .easier to keep the pedigree .
I don t like number even they do have them . I know my chooks by name .
chooks man

View attachment 2274964
@Punkybrewster
this pullet facing away from the camera is stunning specimen .long ,wide , thick , good head .great think short legs ,well feathered without access . medium feathering type .

I do like her a lot.
chooks man

Im beginning to feel better about these chicks. Thank you. I was really worried how they were looking.

I am told they are a mixture of Bev Davis, Wade Jeane, Greenfire Farm. The breeder combined and made their own line.

Back
Top Bottom