International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

1601507358711.png

@marchick
this BC pullet is one of the best pullet you have bred .correct in all area .we need to wait to see the comb and the egg color .every thing else is sublime .

chooks man

Thank you, I have 6 BC cockerels total. Just younger. I will hold on to all of them for a while.

get ready of BLC cockerels and keep the BC till the grow more .so we select the best 2 .
Black Jack and Ace are great but they are similar .love to get another BC cockerel a little different . from different mother hen if possible .

chooks man

1601507721651.png

@marchick

here my problem with BLC marans color . look at your pullets .all the BC have a correct pure black plumage . look at the BLC pullets .they are similar on body type to BC pullets but none of them has a correct plumage color .
one next to BC pullet has a correct blue but a golden hackle .
one with a great copper but very dark blue
very hard to breed a correct BLC without culling 80/90 % .

Blue copper variety is genetically wrong .
keep few BLC for your self as layer but don t spend time breeding them .you do not have a space or time for the much work they need .they are high maintenance variety .

now you have a nice BC flock ,focus on them .
your BC line will not produce much cull .easier for you .

chooks man

Thank you, I haven't had any time to breath for quite some time. I still love to come on when I can and drool over yours and everyone Birds. How are the young BC doing that you posted about a month ago?

They’re doing good so far! They turned 8 weeks old on Tuesday and they are now in the grow out pen. They are in that ugly stage but I’ll post some pics soon.

I guess I held Black Jack too much. He is still my favorite. He is still in the pen with the the pullets. I haven't been able to get pens setup. Just way too buisy. The house repairs will start in a day or two. We took 2 large trees down 6 more to go. I actually took a couple minutes to get a few pictures and spend a few minutes with my birds this morning. Black Jack is red band and Ace is yellow. Sorry I have been so buisy. I have read all the posts but haven't had time to respond.

View attachment 2354632View attachment 2354633View attachment 2354640View attachment 2354644View attachment 2354647
View attachment 2354653View attachment 2354659

good chickens are never too long with us. he is your treasure.

Back
Top Bottom