International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

These two pullets stand out to me.

One has complete copper hackle. She is a line #2 pullet.

The other has a beautiful small, low tail at all times and she is chunky and short. Her name is Georgia. She was the lone chick that hatched from shipped eggs. I just include her in line #2
Beautiful girls! Have they laid yet?

These two pullets stand out to me.

One has complete copper hackle. She is a line #2 pullet.

The other has a beautiful small, low tail at all times and she is chunky and short. Her name is Georgia. She was the lone chick that hatched from shipped eggs. I just include her in line #2

good looking BCM pullets . different type but both good .
the chunky one has a white flight feather .

chooks man

This is my chosen cockerel.
Not much of a choice since i only have 2 and the other guy turned real mean.

My experience is, if they are over friendly as chicks, they turn mean as juveniles and adults.
Just my observation.

I have named this guy Waylon.
He is 7 months old this week.
Line #2.
I do hope he fills out a bit.
Tail, comb need work.

I see no white on him.
Just mud. Its been raining for a couple of days.

View attachment 2503883View attachment 2503885View attachment 2503886View attachment 2503887View attachment 2503888View attachment 2503889View attachment 2503890View attachment 2503891View attachment 2503892View attachment 2503893View attachment 2503894

he really look good .I like every thing about his except his high tail .
need to be bred to low tail pullets ,the chunky one with less hackle marking .they will complement each other . they will throw some stunning and correct progeny .plus they are not related { you just mark her line 2 but she is not ,she is line of her own .}. I can see they will do well together .
this will be your first pair to breed from . just for over all conformation not sure about the eggs color .but it is not important .with this pair we focus of body type and copper conformation .low tail progeny ,that what we are looking for . when we get cockerel with a good conformation like his sire but with a low tail like his dam ,we will mate him to the high tails hens .
chooks man

1611725836552.png

@Punkybrewster
this pullets I m talking about .she has white flight feather ,but they could molt out .let see .any way ,she is the right girls for your cockerel . they are made for each other .I can tell .

chooks man

1611726305481.png

@Punkybrewster
this pullet is good too , but she is too much tail . love her complete hackle marking and small comb .she has a thinner bones .
this one will be marked as complete body pattern and copper quality breeder . but she need to be mated to a very low tail cockerel other wise all her progeny will have high tail and thin bone .
what color of her eggs please?
I like the chunky pullet better . we want to breed BCM like her .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom