International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

20221003_184248.jpg
20221003_184237.jpg
20221003_184218.jpg
20221003_184040.jpg

I have to catch this guy for my potential keeper pen next. He doesn't keep his stance particularly wide. His feet are all muddy from the recent rain, they are very slate and pink otherwise, he's just sloppy on his feet. Leg feathering is sparse but present, might grow back or not. Hatched March this year.

I have heard older hens around 2 years old eggs are better to hatch. Something to do with the albumen being thinner?

It could just be false information...
Peoples say a lot thing . Genetic is different . The chooks commercial breeding operation they breed from a year old hens . They first year of laying . Hatch rate over 90% . They do not for longevity . Cost more to keep the older hens . For us the backyard breeders with heritage breed we want to keep our hens for a long time .
Chooks man

View attachment 3280357View attachment 3280358View attachment 3280359View attachment 3280360
I have to catch this guy for my potential keeper pen next. He doesn't keep his stance particularly wide. His feet are all muddy from the recent rain, they are very slate and pink otherwise, he's just sloppy on his feet. Leg feathering is sparse but present, might grow back or not. Hatched March this year.
I like his very long back , deep chest , small tail . Complete body pattern and stunning silver . I like him . Love to see him fully mature . I like to see his stance
Chooks man

View attachment 3280357View attachment 3280358View attachment 3280359View attachment 3280360
he's so pretty!
I once had some copper marans, but we were only babysitting them for about 6 months while their owner moved.

1664931564062.png

the BLC rooster with a white on his tail is sold .some one fell in love with him . he think it is a best BLC marans rooster he never seen .
this guy has marans but they are very light flamed . so he is buying some marans from me to increase the size and mass on his flock .
sold him 2 pair so far both BLC .and he want to buy more ,he is waiting for some photos from me about the extra chooks I want to sale .
he want to buy BCM fertile eggs too .I told him they are not for sale ,he said he will pay me very good money if I want to sale him few dozen .
my marans are not cheap .took me years of breeding and selecting to get to where I m now .
my marans with fault still are better than the show champions in this country .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom