International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

67A25A93-4FD5-43D9-B35A-923088370649.jpeg
55BF3D48-311D-436B-8B73-BDC8E2340B33.jpeg
F27D147B-5BC4-426C-9425-AA50B9B8BF11.jpeg
94053022-F052-4486-A52A-0441E415553A.jpeg

My BCM rooster SpringBuck last year hatch viewed from different side . Look how wide he is when viewed from the front and rear . Well spaced straight feet . Compare him to his half brother . He is a double width for sure . He is the best rooster I ever bred for sure . Hopefully it is not the last .
Love to see his babies with LoveSong and Madonna.
Chooks man

View attachment 3280345
Solid dark blue pullet . Last year hatch. She is a daughter of Dark Angel . She is solid blue very dark .
View attachment 3280347
Look at the difference between the 2 hens . The splash one is thinner . She is not a keep . We want our Marans to be solid , deep and chunky . Blue one is .
Chooks man

I wish I could find chickens like your culls here. good marans are not available here. if I buy eggs I should get at least 500 in order to get a nice flock. not possible for me. I'll be searching for breeders if any. most people here keep chickens as a hobby then sell a few eggs and chicks. even small farms just keep males and females without paying attention to anything.

I have heard older hens around 2 years old eggs are better to hatch. Something to do with the albumen being thinner?

It could just be false information...

I have heard that chicks hatched from older hens are healthier. it makes sense as hens survived and are healthy. as for the albumen I don't see any difference. maybe I don't see well.

I wish I could find chickens like your culls here. good marans are not available here. if I buy eggs I should get at least 500 in order to get a nice flock. not possible for me. I'll be searching for breeders if any. most people here keep chickens as a hobby then sell a few eggs and chicks. even small farms just keep males and females without paying attention to anything.
@chickengr how about if I post to you some fertile eggs .do you thing they will let them pass or you are not allowed to receive organic mater from another country ?
let me know please .I love to help you .
chooks man

Hi every one ,here my plan to breed a Black silver ( aka Birchen ) from this pair . all ready did a first crossing of dark silver cuckoo with a BLC hen to produce a F1 birchen cockerel .the one I ll be using for this crossing .he is Blue birchen golden/silver , this cockerel
1665024374863.png

the hen is pure silver cuckoo ,very nice one too .
1665024469748.png

F1 cockerel X cuckoo hen = they progeny will be .all cockerels will be cuckoos Blue and Black , some will be pure silver other will be golden/silver only keeping the pure silver dark Black cuckoos .
half of the pullets will be Black/Blue silver ( birchen ) other half will be Black/Blue copper . only keeping the Black silver( Birchen) for the F2 crossing .
Next step will be F2 dark Black silver cuckoo cockerel X F2 back silver ( birchen ) hen =F3 half of them will be cuckoos pullets and cockerel all pure silver . other half will be Black silver ( birchen ) pullets and cockerels .
so if every thing go recording a my plan ,next year I will have pure black silver ( Birchen ) flock running around in my farm .
chooks man

@chickengr how about if I post to you some fertile eggs .do you thing they will let them pass or you are not allowed to receive organic mater from another country ?
let me know please .I love to help you .
chooks man

I cannot import hatching eggs. only registered farms could do that but not less than 1000 eggs. shipping price from australia is making that impossible. a friend of a friend wanted to import some eggs and gave up.

I cannot import hatching eggs. only registered farms could do that but not less than 1000 eggs. shipping price from australia is making that impossible. a friend of a friend wanted to import some eggs and gave up.
shame I can not send you any eggs .
this time I m working with the indigenous tribes to get my export license . we are in the process of building a new chooks breeding facility in the tribal land ,so will be part of they right to do what whey want - export and import .exchange with other cultures around the world
chooks man

View attachment 3281200View attachment 3281201View attachment 3281202View attachment 3281203
My BCM rooster SpringBuck last year hatch viewed from different side . Look how wide he is when viewed from the front and rear . Well spaced straight feet . Compare him to his half brother . He is a double width for sure . He is the best rooster I ever bred for sure . Hopefully it is not the last .
Love to see his babies with LoveSong and Madonna.
Chooks man

That is a big boy!

Back
Top Bottom