International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

@chickengr how about if I post to you some fertile eggs .do you thing they will let them pass or you are not allowed to receive organic mater from another country ?
let me know please .I love to help you .
chooks man
Unfortunately, they would be posted by air, while they might survive, packages usually ship in unpressured cargo holds, eggs hate that and often die. I live in the mountain west, and even ground shipping to altitudes higher than 6000 ft can be an issue for eggs. That's why people ship live breeding pairs, it's more of a sure thing, just costs a ton on import fees.

Just a couple of quick photos of the younger, second hatch I've decided to keep instead of sell.
There are 8 pullets here mixed in with some Ameraucana.
They are around 5 months old now.

Love their copper coming in. Better copper than the older group of pullets.

Same sire (Seamus), same line #1,2,3 hens.

20221004_100545.jpg
20221004_100357.jpg

Just a couple of quick photos of the younger, second hatch I've decided to keep instead of sell.

View attachment 3282390View attachment 3282391
Wow they are very nice looking pullers . Lovely copper and full hackle marking . Nice strong type . Agree with you they look better than the oldest pullers as far as the hackle marking . Let see if they lay dark eggs . Hope they do .
Chooks man

View attachment 3282390View attachment 3282391
@Punkybrewster your pullets have style they are all class A 100% . if you keep breeding pullets like them ,than you don t have to worry much .
we need to work on the combs in your line than ( ET VOILAS) like what the french say . all done .
I like seeing photos of your marans ,they make me happy .
Bravo .
chooks man

@Punkybrewster your pullets have style they are all class A 100% . if you keep breeding pullets like them ,than you don t have to worry much .
we need to work on the combs in your line than ( ET VOILAS) like what the french say . all done .
I like seeing photos of your marans ,they make me happy .
Bravo .
chooks man

Thank you. It makes me feel good to hear.

I started out with BCM from a hatchery a few years ago. I loved their personality. They did not lay very dark eggs. I didnt know they should.

When I saw a photo of dark eggs and began to study SOP, I went down the rabbit hole...

I will say, I am so thankful for this thread and all you friends and @Chooks man knowledge.

Thank you. It makes me feel good to hear.

I started out with BCM from a hatchery a few years ago. I loved their personality. They did not lay very dark eggs. I didnt know they should.

When I saw a photo of dark eggs and began to study SOP, I went down the rabbit hole...

I will say, I am so thankful for this thread and all you friends and @Chooks man knowledge.
It s nice and refreshing to see your work @Punkybrewster and @Bantambird . You 2 have done a stunning job with a Marans chooks . You 2 have done what a French breeders could not do. They spend they time arguing with each other . I really admire what you guys have achieved . You should be proud of your selves . Bravo again .
Chooks man

Back
Top Bottom