International Duckling Transport??

M

Member 435282

Hi,

Currently, I am in Iran on a vacation to visit family. While driving today, I saw several men with around 50 cages shoved to the brim with birds. Though I always avoid giving money to these conditions, I couldn't help myself, and I brought two little ducklings home. As of now, they're swimming in a large plastic bowl with cornmeal and drinking water on the side. I have 15 days before leaving to Virginia and while I could find a home for them here, I desperately want to raise them back in America. Any advice on how to bring them home would be greatly appreciated. We are flying with Austrian Airlines, first to Austria, then to the U.S. Is shipping live internationally a safe and reliable option? They do not have paperwork of any kind. Price is not a problem.

Thanks!

Turns out birds can't be imported to the USA from Iran right now due to Avian Influenza restrictions :( I'm looking into surrendering them to the SPCA in a nearby city.

I was about to reply because bird influenza is still a thing; ATM right now around Austria now in this year..
still thought this was posted now in2020 untill your replies haha!

Man that bird influenza keeps being a thing.

Back
Top Bottom