Intervention

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HollyKMS, Nov 4, 2009.

1. HollyKMS

HollyKMS Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2009
    Felida WA
    "Hello my name is Holly, and I'm a chickenholic"

GROUP: "Hello Holly"

"It's been a month since my first chicken. Already (*sniffle*) I found myself with graph paper tonight (*sniffle, wipe nose*)...planning my bigger, better, newer coop I need to build! I need HELP!"

GROUP: "Holly, you need more chickens."

"Um.. What?"

GROUP: "More chickens."

"Wha- Wait. This is the 12-step program, isn't it?"

GROUP: "No, this is BackYardChickens Forum, and you've come to the right place, Holly. Walk into the light... Come with us and walk into the light..."

[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If you want intervention you are barkin up the wrong tree!!!!

3. HollyKMS

Oct 7, 2009
    Felida WA
    (I'm really looking for more coop designs under the guise of intervention- SHHHHH!) [​IMG]

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    The good news, you'll find them here....

Handy tip #1 do NOT let an engineer or archetect build it for you, I don't care that he's your brother that owes you money, he'll "improve" the plans you gave him (designed to fit actual lumber & chickenwire demensions) and double to cost by adding 6 inches in height making it too heavy to lift you bloody tractor, and too tall to open the roof and rake out!

5. HollyKMS

Oct 7, 2009
    Felida WA
    LOL I wouldn't do one unless I could build it myself from the ground up (and CHEAPLY) now that I've gotten pretty good at working with wood & wire. [​IMG]

I wonder how many coops a person has to build before they get it 'right?'.......

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:LOL you design like I do

2x4's come in 8ft lengths....hmm yeah we're gonna make the thing 8ft x 8ft then [​IMG]

Glad other people can appreciate this kind of foresight, because it's completely lost on some of my "helpers" [​IMG]

7. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:That's like asking how many husbands I needed to get it right... you don't know at the time....

(so far it's 3, but I've decided anything happens to this one, that's it!, it's living in sin!)

8. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:LOL you design like I do

2x4's come in 8ft lengths....hmm yeah we're gonna make the thing 8ft x 8ft then [​IMG]

Glad other people can appreciate this kind of foresight, because it's completely lost on some of my "helpers" [​IMG]

I had a budget of $250, so I priced parts, and came up with the most efficient use of funds/materials.... then he added 6 inches to both the run, and 2nd floor coop (townhouse style tractor)... bam doubled the price, and it's in height, so the birds can't even use the space...

9. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:That's like asking how many husbands I needed to get it right... you don't know at the time....

(so far it's 3, but I've decided anything happens to this one, that's it!, it's living in sin!)

I'm with you on that one

As for the coops - well I'm currently pretty darn happy with the 2nd one [​IMG]

10. HollyKMS

Oct 7, 2009
    Felida WA

LOL I was about to say "3 coops or husbands?" until I read the 'sin' part- And then I realized you must be talking about the money it costs to build a chicken coop!!!! [​IMG] XD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by