Intro: Amanda

AmandaMesser

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2018
Ashland, Ky
I fell in love with chickens just last year when my preschool class tried hatching chicks and only one hatched. I fell in love and couldn’t let her be alone. A coworker had a flock so I knew I could find the chicks a home if I needed to. I raised a few chicks with the lonely one. Only one was a hen that I could keep. I live in the city. I kept a bantam Cochin rooster with her for awhile, but now Hawthorn has moved to my mom and dad who built him a beautiful coop on their farm. So, I currently have Debbie my Barred Plymouth queen in her backyard coop and I am raising 6 chicks in a brooder in my laundry room to split between myself and my mom and dad so that Hawthorn and Debbie will not be alone. My chicks are: 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 1 light Brahma, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Orpington, that I know are pullets. Then I have my myestery from the straight run of a bantam assortment at Tracto Supply that my son fell in love with! Debbie laid her first egg a few weeks ago and we are in love.

Attachments

• 2136AF55-E199-4E2C-AEA0-92F2F3F8C09D.jpeg
    2136AF55-E199-4E2C-AEA0-92F2F3F8C09D.jpeg
    619.6 KB · Views: 13
I fell in love with chickens just last year when my preschool class tried hatching chicks and only one hatched. I fell in love and couldn’t let her be alone. A coworker had a flock so I knew I could find the chicks a home if I needed to. I raised a few chicks with the lonely one. Only one was a hen that I could keep. I live in the city. I kept a bantam Cochin rooster with her for awhile, but now Hawthorn has moved to my mom and dad who built him a beautiful coop on their farm. So, I currently have Debbie my Barred Plymouth queen in her backyard coop and I am raising 6 chicks in a brooder in my laundry room to split between myself and my mom and dad so that Hawthorn and Debbie will not be alone. My chicks are: 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes, 1 light Brahma, 1 Barred Rock, 1 Orpington, that I know are pullets. Then I have my myestery from the straight run of a bantam assortment at Tracto Supply that my son fell in love with! Debbie laid her first egg a few weeks ago and we are in love.
I just adore the photograph you posted.
Thanks for joining Backyard Chickens. I am please to meet you.
-connie
chicken and egg roll.gif

sSig_welcome4.gif

Back
Top Bottom