Intro: Myfunnygirls

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by myfunnygirls, Nov 30, 2011.

1. myfunnygirls

myfunnygirls New Egg

Nov 30, 2011
    Hi! I'm married (29 years) w/ 12 yr old twins. This is my 1st forum ever. I am a relatively new chicken owner. I have 2 little flocks. My oldest girls (2) are 8 months old & have been laying for 3 months. 1 Production Red or Red SexLink named Rosie & 1 Barred Plymoth Rock named Checkers. I decided 2 was not enough. [​IMG] My 2nd flock (housed in a 2nd coop) is Four 3 month old girls, 2 Americaunas, 1 Speckled Sussex & 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte. I found out about BYC from the woman I bought my 2nd coop from.

2. kari_dawn

kari_dawn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2009
    North Texas
    welcome!!

3. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome!!

[​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

5. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

You'll find BYC folks are very friendly and knowledgeable and are always eager to help!

6. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

7. FlyRobinFly

FlyRobinFly Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2011
    [​IMG] from Washington State.

8. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    [​IMG]

Pleased to have you join us here BYC. There's a lot to learn here, that's for sure!

9. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

10. myfunnygirls

myfunnygirls New Egg

Nov 30, 2011
    Thank You All! I love to "Talk Chicken". I live in a subdivision & my friends all know about my pets but they just aren't "into" them like I am. I have a chicken ? Is this the right place? It's about my 3 month old Speckled Sussex. She has not been as energetic the last couple of days & seems to be gagging. I felt her crop & it's pretty big but I don't know if that's normal. I had never felt a crop until this afternoon. My son just feed her some of her crumble while I was researching "crops". I didn't want her to have any more to eat until I could look at her. She also had some water but still acts like she's gaging. Any thoughts?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by