Intro newly hatched chicks to 3week olds?? Can it be done?

Momma2three

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Hi all!!

We are to go get our new babies tomorrow from our children's school's incubation project. They have/will all have hatched within a few days of each other. We are bringing them home to our older babies, that are ~3 weeks old. I understand there will be somewhat of a temperature difference with brooder lamp's, but otherwise, should it be a "go" to introduce them all now? Or, should we partition off a section for the new kids on the block? Our current babies are getting rather large, and getting nice feathers on them. They are Red Stars. The new babes we'll be getting, range from bantams of various breeds to cochins, buttercups, etc.

Also, we have older birds in backyard. They are full grown and range in ages from 2-3years. I will eventually add all to flock. Should we just go with chicks that will be full-size chickens, or can we safely co-habitate bantams with others?

Thanks for any and all recommmendations on our situation!!!

Chrystal

I was guessing that as well. We are prepared to have separate brooder if needed, just wishful thinking on my part, I guess.
wink.png
We have them in a large area my hubby and son constructed......if it would quit raining here so much and stay warm, we could move our older girls outside with a lamp for nighttime!!

Thanks for your quick response!!!

Back
Top Bottom