Intro

Vg93

In the Brooder
May 22, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Some what new I had ducks years ago and after 3 years raccoons killed them (wasn’t sure at the time what did it I thought random dog or cat so years later got 3 chicks and the raccoons ripped right into thier enclosure and killed them so I waited saved up and got a big raccoon proof coop and then our town got rats so I spent another 400 encasing the coop in steel lathe to keep them out
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
3 old English
1 “Silkie” from tractor supply co ended up being a Mille fluer d’uccle
5 silkies
(3) What breeds do you have?
Old English game bird bantam
D uccle
Silkie
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Interacting with them
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Fishing, nature , plants , animals in general
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My parents hate my chickens , and snake and snapping turtles I have 2 cats
9 chickens
2 pigeons
2 snappers
1 musk 1 slider 1 cooter turtle
2 corn snakes assuming I find the escapee
3 frogs
5 fish tanks 2 , 75 gal a 55 gal a 49 gal n a 29 gal n a 3 gal
20 incubating eggs
And a egg I found floating in a pond in a park I put it in incubator and candles it a few days later and it’s growing I think it’s a pekin

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Looking online for help with my sick chickens

You have quite the menagerie -- so many diverse critters!

I haven't kept aquariums for years, but one of my favorite "non-fish" occupants was a funny little newt who would swim up and sit in my hand. As a kid, I had turtles and once nursed a wounded garter snake back to health. I think snakes are badly misunderstood.

Sorry to hear about your earlier losses, but it sounds like things are on the right track now.

Welcome to BYC! Hope you find the second corn snake soon and best wishes with hatching!

Back
Top Bottom