Intro

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Javamama, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    Hello everyone! Here's a little about me and mine... My name is Vicki and I am from central Ohio - right between Dublin and Hilliard on the west side of Columbus. I have a husband - Greg and 3 kids. Cole-9, Grace-7 and Joy 18 months. We have a bout an acre and a half which keeps feeling smaller and smaller and I wish we had gone further out into the country. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I love my garden and flower beds and can't plant enough. I am becoming passionate about nutrition and a more holistic way of health. I want my kids to not have to deal with health issues that come from eating badly. Fresh eggs to supplement this - what could be better?
    I get to pick up my chicks on Thursday and can hardly wait. I had to use restraint when ordering so I only got 8. 3 RIRs, 3 BOs, and 2 white leghorns. I think I am ready thanks to the wealth of info I have found here. The coop is yet to be build, but we know what we want to do and have to finish the deck first (it's almost done)
    We are also thinking about getting some goats maybe next year. We'll see how the chickens go. And we have to fence the pasture area first and deal with some drainage issues.
    I'm really looking forward to actually having something to talk about once the chick come. Until then... thanks for listening.

2. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Welcome Vicki I am pretty new here too we can learn together [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

5. Coop-a-kick

Coop-a-kick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    Hello! [​IMG]

Thursday's just two days away! [​IMG] Good luck with the peeplings! I'm sure your family is going to benefit from and appreciate your thoughts for their health and food.

6. lfoose

lfoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Medina, OH
    Hi and welcome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by