Intro

CORamos

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Hello everyone!

I've been poking around this website for several months now, trying to learn as much as possible about chickens. We got our first egg today, and I wanted to thank everyone for this great resource.

After a couple of years of my wife "suggesting" that it would be really nice to have fresh eggs, I caved in and decided to give it a try. We are complete newbies when it comes to raising chickens, so I spent a few weeks online trying to figure out what I would need. We picked up eight chicks the week after Mother's Day (five of which turned out to be roosters!).

I started working on the chicken coop that same week. BIG mistake.... next time, build the coop, THEN get the chickens! Between family and work commitments (plus the fact that I wanted the coop to look nice), I struggled to finish the coop in time. It's still not quite finished, but we are getting there!

In any case, we now have seven chickens. I'm not quite sure about three of them, but the flock includes two silver-laced Wyandottes and two black Australorps.

Carlos from Mass.

Some of the girls.

The Coop

The first egg!

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Well, you did a great job on that coop, in spite of the pressures. It's cute!

Back
Top Bottom