Introduced my khaki to the group

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Deedee, May 3, 2009.

1. Deedee

Deedee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    Well I took my khaki baby, Ferdy outside yesterday with the older ducklings. I was a nervous wreck. But after a couple of minutes and a few snips from my mallard, she's a pain in the butt anyways LOL... She took up with my Crested rouen and my Violet (CR) is watching her like if she was her baby it is so sweet she'll even fun Peanut (Mallard) off if she gets to close. They even sleep together. i will get pics as soon as my camera starts to cooperate [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  2. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Glad to hear that it's all working out well! How old are Ferdy and the other ducks?

I'll be in the same situation later this week when we complete the new duck coop/run. My neighbors have been raising my Khaki Campbell, "KC", until she's large enough to fit in with my year old ducks. Right now my 2 ducks are housed with my chickens.

Hope you're able to post some pics of your ducks.

3. Deedee

Deedee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    Kilgore, TX
    Thnaks for the reply. Ferdy is 4 weeks old Tuesday and Violet and the others are almost 2 months old. I still have my crook neck baby rouen in the brooder i am not sure if I am going to let her out in the run. [​IMG]

4. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    KC will be going in with my Rouen drake and Cayuga duck. I adopted the first two from someone just giving them away outside of a grocery store. Love them to pieces, but in the future I think I'll focus just on the Khaki's... Hopefully they'll all be like KC... mild mannered and quiet compared to my other two!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by