Introduced my mom to "Farm Fresh" eggs :) :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MichiganWoods, Apr 11, 2009.

1. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    She loves 'em!!

She had no idea that there was such a difference from the store bought eggs. When she saw the egg whites she was dumbfounded.

[​IMG]
    This was one of the first four eggs we got on the 9th. I had to flip the yolk over to find the bullseye.

And my lovely EE hen went and laid that beautiful little blue-green egg the first day, and then yesterday she laid me an AWESOME blue double yolker! Couldn't believe it!! My girls are doing pretty good for their first eggs. I didn't find any wind eggs at all. - And for those curious, my blue egg layer did come from my Ideal Hatchery order.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:[​IMG]
    If only everyone would be like your mom and realize what they are missing out on by not buying "farm-fresh eggs". Next thing you know, your mom will want her own hen. [​IMG]

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Congrats! I get tickled at the people who think that you have to have a rooster in order to get eggs from hens. I gave a lady at work a dozen eggs and she was saving them for some company she was expecting for Easter. I got to meet her company Friday before leaving work and when she introduced me she said......

wait for it.....

"This is the lady with the exotic chickens that can lay an egg without a rooster." [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

Quote:[​IMG]

5. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    chickenannie, she'll have to live vicariously through me. [​IMG] First, she's not a bird lady at all. Apparently when she was a kid she had a bird poop on her while she was outdoors, and ever since then has had a phobia of any sort of bird. [​IMG] Second, she lives in a condo sub. No chickens allowed in her little yard. But I doubt she will refuse any eggs I offer her. [​IMG]

Chicky Tocks ...... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You gots some fancy chickens there!!

6. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Awesome. That is going to be the start of another chicken addiction.

I never knew fresh eggs were so bright orangeish-yellow and how dull store bought eggs are. I was making a brownie dish w/cream cheese frosting, turned my frosting yellow. My MIL says its because of all the phosphorous (sp) aka green stuff they eat while free ranging.

Too funny, chickens that lay eggs with a rooster. [​IMG]

7. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Chicky Tocks, those are some exotic chickens! laying eggs without a rooster! i can't believe it! LOL!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    i find it funny how many people think chickens need a rooster to lay eggs......

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Roosterless eggs!

How novel. It's all we eat! He hasn't learned to crow or do the dance.

9. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    Fresh eggs are a joy to bake with!

The thread of things city slickers say is so funny (I can't spell "hellarious"), and it shows just how far our society has gone from our agriculture beginnings.

Isn't it amazing how each chicken has its own personality?

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by