Introducing a young female to a mating pair

bantams_of_scotland_

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2022
Hello everyone,

So I have a new little call duck (apple) around 6 weeks old, she currently has her own sectioned off area within my call ducks pen/coop.
She can currently see and interact with my other two call duck a male (almond) and female (apricot) mating pair (just under 1 year old) but is separated from them as the almond is trying to grab her (I’m assuming to mate) but he is slightly aggressive when doing so (he’s the same with apricot).
I’m wondering at what age apple will be able to be integrated with the other two?
Apple is very keen to be with the other two but I don’t want her getting hurt!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you for the reply! So about 6 months old before she can go out with the other two?

I will post couple pics shortly!
IMG_9059.jpeg
IMG_5052.jpeg
IMG_5053.jpeg

Thank you for the reply! So about 6 months old before she can go out with the other two?

I will post couple pics shortly!
Usually between 4.5-5 months but I am not sure how old Calls are when they begin laying.
My Runners and Buffs were mating at 4 months and laying at 4.5 months old,I would guess Calls would fit into that category.

Usually between 4.5-5 months but I am not sure how old Calls are when they begin laying.
My Runners and Buffs were mating at 4 months and laying at 4.5 months old,I would guess Calls would fit into that category.
Google says 6-7 months for calls but I’m unsure, apricot has only just started laying I think she has layed about 6 or 7 eggs in the past month, but she reached maturity during the winter so didn’t start until spring.

Back
Top Bottom