Introducing baby Sebastian (baby pics) -- Anyone sell Sebbie eggs?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Lamar Estate, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Lamar Estate

Lamar Estate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Hello--

I would like to introduce Sebastian, the baby Sebastopol gosling. He hatched 3 days ago. His duckling brother, Gizmo, hatched the same day.

This was my first attempt at hatching Sebastopol eggs (actually, any goose eggs). One egg was infertile and one gosling died in the shell at his due date.

I love my baby Sebastian. Unfortunately, he cries ALL the time. Even when I hold/carry him, he cries. I think he's getting along with Gizmo pretty well, but it hasn't stopped the crying. He seems to like sleeping in my hands, which of course makes him quiet. Is this normal?

I really want Sebastian to have another Sebbie around. Does anyone sell and ship Sebastopol eggs at a less expensive price? (My wonderful husband isn't thrilled with all the money being spent on our new family members--their housing being built isn't cheap!) I'm not looking for award winning show lines. I'm looking for another pet.

Thank you very much,
    Amanda

Birthday:
    [​IMG]

Drying off in the hatcher:
    [​IMG]

Gizmo, 1 day old:
    [​IMG]

Sebastian, 2 days old:
    [​IMG]

Mom finally put us in the brooder TOGETHER:
    [​IMG]

Searching the web for a Sebbie sibling:
    [​IMG]

Out for a stroll:
    [​IMG]

Resting on mom:
    [​IMG]

2. emmalynn

emmalynn Silkies Sebbies OEGBs

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    He is precious...well they both are. We have Sebastopols. It would help if you told where you are..someone may be close to you and how much are not wanting to go over cost wise. I love our babies, we have over 20 in the incubator right now and the geese are starting the second round of eggs.

3. Lamar Estate

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Hi--

I live outside of St. Paul, Minnesota.

The original 3 Sebastopol eggs were purchased off of eBay. They were shipped from California. The eggs were wrapped in newspaper--that's all. I was surprised they didn't break.

Thanks.

4. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    Just thought I would say.. that mixed breed duckling is "as cute as a button"... They should get along fine. Last year I had an African to hatch alone, I just went to TSC and bought a little Pekin for it.. Otherwise they have a tendancy to want to sleep in your hand at night time.. [​IMG]

5. emmalynn

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Have you looked at the auctions here on BYC? I find that BYC eggs tend to better packed than ebay purchases. Shipping tends to be higher because these eggs weigh more...a lot more actually. Most people tend to sell them for $10/egg.

Is your duck a Khaki Campbell?

6. Lamar Estate

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Quote:Thank you, I'll look there.

Gizmo's duck dad is a Cayuga. His duck mom is a Khaki Campbell x Cayuga.

Bunsen:
    [​IMG]

Beaker (with feather boogers) and Busen in the background:
    [​IMG]

7. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Can you tell us where you're located? I have some Sebbie eggs in the incubator and Sebbies here that will need a home. If you're not too far, I'll give you one as a buddy for your little one. (No cost) Let me know.

ETA: Nevermind, I just saw where you said you live. If you lived closer, I'd let you have one. I like sharing. [​IMG] If mine lay any more eggs, I can send you a few. I'd just ask that you pay for shipping.

Laurie

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  8. emmalynn

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a few of "hundreds" of pics

9. Lamar Estate

Mar 3, 2011
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Quote:That would be FANTASTIC!! Please let me know if you have any spare eggs. I can mail you money or a check, or pay through Paypal if you have an account.

THANK YOU!!

Amanda

10. emmalynn

Oct 16, 2008
    Middle TN
    Quote:What is Church Hill close to, we live in Lewisburg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by