Introducing Chicken Daddy's Daughter, Laura Lee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Laura Galland, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Laura Galland

Laura Galland Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2017
    Hi all! My name is Laura Lee G. My father "inherited" 24 hens and 3 roosters when my step-mother (Mama Sandy) passed recently. It is our hope to maintain these lovelies in honor of Mama Sandy's memory, as she did love them so. Therefore, I have been assisting my father in caring for them and dispensing eggs. This is generated quite an interest on my part, and I am having a great time learning more and more about raising chickens, different breeds, etc. As I understand it, we have four or five different breeds (although I cannot name them).

About me: I am a contract paralegal, providing services to attorneys and other legal professionals. I am also a law student, finally following my dream at 53 years of age. Raised in tropical Hawaii, I have lived in the desert (Arizona) for approximately 30 years. My husband and I love gardening and cooking and, now, caring for chickens.

2. Fields Mountain Farm

Fields Mountain Farm Overrun With Chickens

Jun 6, 2017
    Dunlap TN
    Welcome aboard! That is a wonderful thing you're doing. She'd be honored I'm sure. :)

Laura Galland likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great to meet you Laura. Hope you will enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by