introducing Essen and Miss Lily...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by friendnotfood, Mar 21, 2012.

1. friendnotfood

friendnotfood New Egg

Mar 21, 2012
    Idaho
    at least we HOPE they are both girls. I don't have a clue what they are considering they were SR chicks and I didn't think to ask. Can you tell this is our first real try at chickens?

Anyone have a clue about their breed by this photo? The little yellow and white one has black specks and one or two black wing feathers so far. The other I think may be a Buff Orpington...it is also larger than the other chick. LOL both are quick learners and know certain words mean certain things. Hurry Hurry gets them moving to a safe place or into my hand, chickychickychicky means food, and they have let the cats know they are not to be messed with. I have a 20+ pound tabby that resembles a mountain lion but is so sweet he lays by my office door listening for the babies. If they start crying, he will come find me and let me know. He has also made sure to rub all over them and has been told "family not food!". Of course I don't allow the cats alone with the chicks but figured it was a good idea to introduce everyone.

Okay I will stop rambling. Here is their photo, they are about a week old here:
    [​IMG]

2. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer
    [​IMG]

3. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Only one is a BO, the other could be a leghorn.

4. friendnotfood

friendnotfood New Egg

Mar 21, 2012
    Idaho
    Thank you for the welcome :)

and thank you for the BO...I was really hoping for that! I told my daughter this morning she may have a leghorn cross because of the black "ink" on it but still learning about these things. It is quite noisy, the lady at the checkout at the feed store didn't believe we only had two chicks in the box LOL!

Will be back for questions if i don't find answers all ready posted here.

Lori

5. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

white one could be california white

the other looks more red than buff. id say production red, new hampshire, or red sex link

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by