Introducing Holly

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by MomtoSyd&Emma, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Holly is our one year old Basset/Beagle mix (her mom was a basset, dad a bass./beagle cross) we adopted her a year ago as a 8 week old puppy. She is a great dog, except her and our Chihuahua/terrier cross have jealousy issues over me! UGH we are working hard on that one.

[​IMG]

2. hollyclyff

hollyclyff Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    NC
    What a beautiful face! I just love a hound.

3. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Holly is beautiful! Is she noisy?

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Quote:Only when I first come home, she howls while excited to see me then stops. She is not a barker if that is what you are asking, thankfully none of our dogs are! Our neighbors didnt even know we had pets until we took the dogs for a walk lol

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

What a beauty she is! [​IMG]

6. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I asked because a neighbor had a bassett/beagle mix and he was a real talker. I enjoyed hearing him, but they worried that he would make people mad. The whole family had bassets that they would bring to visit on Sundays and it was something to hear them when they all got going.

7. MomtoSyd&Emma

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    I am such a hound fan, and I had looked for a while for a Basset that would fit in with our family in rescue, and I found Holly's litter on Craigslist but they were 4 hours away, after talking to the owner she agreed to meet us half way with whatever puppy I wanted, I let her decide as she knew their personality. I have been offered money for her and just cant do that lol I only paid 40 or 50 for her and like I said the lady drove 2.5 hours to meet me! Such a nice thing for her to do!!

We also have a Boxer and a Chihuahua (I think there is rat terrier in him) Both came from shelters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I love the name Holly... I named my youngest daughter that... YOur Holly is adorable

9. MomtoSyd&Emma

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Quote:She was my Christmas present! I debated on using the name as we my nephews wifes best friends name is Holly, but Holly the dog doesnt see Holly the person but MAYBE once a year lol

10. quailbrain

quailbrain Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Oregon
    She is so gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by