Introducing Jake, Kira & Cassidy-My Delaware Youngsters @ 9 Wks.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by speckledhen, Sep 7, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Finally named my Delaware trio. As the "baby smut" clears from their feathers and their markings begin to emerge, it's becoming apparent that they are top-notch younsters. Jake is much larger than the other three cockerels I had-wolfbaine30 now owns one of them who looked the most similar to Jake.
    Jake & Kira:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cassidy, the smaller girl:
    [​IMG]

2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Very pretty cyn [​IMG]

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Great names and they look great I can't wait untill you see them in full adult feathers its awsome!

Henry

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very pretty!

5. speckledhen

I'm looking forward to watching them develop into adults, too. Jake is a big bodied boy and Kira is large as well. Cassidy is adorable and so petite and feminine. They are extremely sweet birds and we are enjoying them alot. They come from excellent breeder stock and have sworn me off the hatchery version for eternity. No comparison!

6. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Be still my heart! Cyn, they took my breath away. So beautiful! I am so excited to see them develope into adults.

7. speckledhen

Well, if you want eggs from these sweeties in the future, let me know. I can tell you they have a good solid lineage; if you could see the parents, you'd be amazed. If they continue to delight us around here, I may get more eggs from the breeder in the spring, perhaps when I have a broody to raise them.

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Cyn check my post about broodies I think I have a little delaware or at least she is acting that way! its in behavior and egg laying section just posted it!

Henry

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  9. speckledhen

Will do, Henry

10. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    whoops its in chicken behavior !!!! sorry !!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by