1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Introducing Ms. Chicken Nugget

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Shared Acres, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Got this one on Monday, gave her a bath Wed so I brought her to get photos yesterday.

What do you think of her?

The wing feathers don't look very tight to me, but I'm relatively new to this.

She seems to have a good poof to her.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    You did and excellent job making those photos. I never get good pictures like that. Her crest looks fine. She has quite a few hard feathers at the end of the wings. I think needs to be little softer in that area but she does have some very good qualities. I have found that after shampooing and blow drying they look better a couple of days later.. Thanks for sharing

3. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Thanks I put her on a stool. It seems with animals if you put them up high enough where they are scared to jump off you'll get just enough time to take a couple of shots of them!

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    I will have to try that. I have put them on top of a pen before that had wire and if they hadn't already been on wire it seemed to have that affect. The red background is great for the black color.

5. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    What a pretty silkie! Love the background color, right choice.[​IMG]

6. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    how pretty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by