1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Introducing: My daughter and me and our little flock.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ZinniaZ, Feb 22, 2011.

1. ZinniaZ

ZinniaZ Out Of The Brooder

Feb 22, 2011
    I finally caved and allowed my daughter to have some chickens. She has wanted them for years but I was not certain. We finally bought three hens and a rooster last summer, pretty little Dutch bantams (I thought little chickens would be less intimidating to me.) And then, this week, I brought home four silver spangled hamburgs. They are very pretty, about nine months old, and super flighty. Nevertheless, my daughter is a chicken whisperer and is happily showing them that she is safe and feeds yummy food.

I'd like to post some pictures but maybe I need to post a certain number of times or something?

2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    I'm glad you caved! Lol! Chickens are great to have around! [​IMG]

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California

Yes you have to be on here a while and let it be known you aren't a spammer.

The site has been hit big time lately, so everyone is working together to keep them off of here.

Glad you and your daughter are having a good time. Next is incubating!

Matter of fact I have 10 that hatched between yesterday and today and 46 more that I'm waiting on.

Chickens are addicting

4. ZinniaZ

Feb 22, 2011
    I am enjoying them a heck of a lot more than I expected. I thought they were a little scary believe it or not, (all that flapping), but we are really liking their personalities.

5. ZinniaZ

Feb 22, 2011
    We are going to raise a few chicks this summer, not sure if we can hatch out the eggs ourselves or not. I can't wait. I think she will LOVE having babies that she can handle from teh start and that will grow up trusting her.

6. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

7. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

[​IMG] from Mississippi

8. obaan1

obaan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Great Lakes State
    Welcome from Michigan and congratulations on joining the backyard poultry world. It's a wonderful place to be.

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by