Introducing myself

Suzanne Soon to be 70

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2018
I am the proud Momma of 4 hens and looking for two more as that is the legal number I can keep in Smithfield, VA. (no roos). I kept chickens about 4 years ago but moved a few times and am now just getting back into it. I love to learn about them so that I can do the best to keep my girls happy and laying eggs. Right now I have an Australorp, two Barred Rocks and a while Bantam Cochin. I don't plan to eat them, just the eggs. I also have a 21 year old Arabian mare, a very weird cat who thinks she is a Cheetah, a 17 year old parrot and a 28 year old (that's really old) Cockateil. Hoping to learn a lot on this site.

Welcome back to on old hobby and so happy to hear that you have joined us here at BYC! I look forward to seeing your future posts, and I also second clicking the Account button, click personal details, scroll down the page and give us a general idea of where about on the planet you reside. I have seen some awful recommendations made from member assuming a poster lived in the same climate type as they do. It really helps us to help you should you ever need assistance.

welcome-group.gif
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

It is great to have you here

Greetings and welcome to BYC Suzanne! So glad you joined us. There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me :old will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Back
Top Bottom