Introducing myself

Anietzke

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2018
Mt. Morris MI
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Not totally new to chickens, as I work for a veterinarian who treats them somewhat regularly, but got my own chickens the last week of August this year.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
35 and counting, plus other poultry
(3) What breeds do you have?
Polish, bantam polish, rhode island reds, isa browns, golden comets, white leghorns (sold as those but dont look like them), black sexlinks, dominiques, barred rock, silkies, black copper marans, bantam cochin, and some barnyard mixes, plus 2 guinea hens, 3 toulouse geese, buff, khaki campbell, cayuga, pekin, rouen, and black swedish ducks, and 2 ringneck pheasants. Since getting chickens I've also added dutch rabbits to my little menagerie.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I love all the different varieties of birds and the fact that they provide food for my wife and I.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fishkeeping, and just raising animals in general. Used to have a bunch of reptiles and poison dart frogs as well, but switched to just poultry as a hobby now since I'm still in school.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Full time student and work at a vet clinic with a goal of getting into vet school. Have 2 cats and a coonhound with another of each on the way. Got married and bought our house in August of this year. Backyard urban homesteading on a half acre! Thankfully the neighbors like what we are doing.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I actually have been a lurker for a while and finally decided to join to be able to talk to fellow poultry people. Actually found the page via facebook
20181206_121024.jpg
20181206_121138.jpg
20181206_121024.jpg
20181206_121138.jpg

Back
Top Bottom