Introducing thaseas' chickens...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by thasea, Sep 30, 2010.

1. thasea

thasea Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2010
    Ft Myers Florida
    Let me introduce to the group the following, cunning, courageous (except for one), corn seeking, cute chickens of thaseas' mini farm (a farmette):

[​IMG]

This is Snowball, my grandaughters' hen.

[​IMG]

This is Madhatter, my grandaughters show chicken in training [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Anna, my hen.

[​IMG]

The golden in the pic is my rooster, Turkey. (He's a gobble allright!) He's the non-courageous one, and he's for sale. Can I say that? I say it everywhere I talk about him. He's the one I crack up over. I saw him run from a leghorn rooster, oh my, he was so scared he jumped the canal in my backyard, really! It took all day to get him back!)

[​IMG]

This is the newest member of the family. Introducing (??) haven't named him/her yet. He/she was born
    on the 24th of this month. What a proud parent I am!

[​IMG]

This is Ruth, my other hen.....

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  2. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    Beautiful little flock. Welcome to BYC. I love the Madhatter. I have a Polish Roo I named Crazy Professor.

3. Ruth looks like such a sweetheart! Welcome.
    [​IMG]

4. thasea

Sep 29, 2010
    Ft Myers Florida
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I love the chickens. Anna and Ruth are quite the ladies! I looked at your pages....what beautiful chickens everyone has! I'm trying to put togethor my page here, but, the pictures don't show (????) oh well.....

Again thanks for the welcome from (the sometimes) sunny southwest Florida!

5. thasea

Sep 29, 2010
    Ft Myers Florida
    What a morning at the farm! I was on the phone and I heard a sound I had not heard before. It was undescribable. I listened and told the person on the other end of the phone to hold on so I could check out what the sound was. I opened my door and listened. Then I heard it! It was distinct and definitely coming from the hen house. I knew the minute I located where the sound was coming from that the sound was the cockadoodling of Madhatter! He/she is a HE! Oh my word, it was his first cockadoodling!!
    My nieghbor heard the sound and she said she had come running to see. She said Madhatter was standing proud as he initiated his windpipes....

I am sure he will be a good cockadoodling dude!!

[​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Me in-love with Madhatter [​IMG]

7. thasea

Sep 29, 2010
    Ft Myers Florida
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy,

I visited your BYC pages. Quite an interesting project you have going. Your guy has reached rooster-hood, and now so has Madhatter. Rooster-hood, a term I definitely like.
    Madhatter had been kept in with hens (as a he/she). Now that he has reached roosterhood I'm thinking I need to put him in his own coop. I have an extra one. Should I lock the door on that coop at night? Should I keep a hen with him? In which case I would have to lock that coops door. This is all so exciting! My other Tophat (the golden) is for sale as he is too aggressive for me. I don't want this Tophat to become aggresive, or is it perhaps a trait in the breed?

Opinions?

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I love the Polish............ always entertaining..... [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:I need to update it. [​IMG] Sass ( project chick ) is almost a month old now! [​IMG] [​IMG] There is an egg in the bator that is hatching right now from Mrs. Fluffy Puffy in the incubator right now, and I hatched out 11 of the 45 button eggs. [​IMG]

Humm, what do you mean by "Lock?" Do you mean shut the door and are you going to put a "Lock" on the door! [​IMG] Yes, I would keep at least a few hens with him. My friend "Had" a silver laced polish rooster named Checkers and he would flog ya if you came in his pen. Not all polish are mean though, as long as you handle him and feed him yummies he should stay friendly. [​IMG]

10. thasea

Sep 29, 2010
    Ft Myers Florida
    I want to introduce Lydia, a Silver Laced Wyandote hen. She came to the family this morning. As she is my only Wyandote I'm thinking perhaps I'll go back and get her sister...

[​IMG]

Update to the above post:

Lydia, the Silver Laced Wyandote hen has left the family. She packed her bag, threw up a wing, and proceeded to strut her stuff down the driveway. She moved back in with her sister.......

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by