Introducing the New Girls!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by luckychiranch, Feb 27, 2017.

1. luckychiranch

luckychiranch Just Hatched

Jan 17, 2017
    Perris
    As I get into year 3 of chicken raising, I am excited to announce that I have now participated in purchasing chicks through the mail! Living in an area where the variety or breeds are limited, or maybe I just am not searching for the right resources... I decided to purchase from Ideal Poultry and I am pleasantly surprised with the chicks.

One learning lesson from this whole process is that when ordering, request not to have male chicks sent. It was a little nerve-racking to decide how we could get rehome them, but a good ol' post on Craigslist allowed us to have them picked up...

Once the dilemma was over, then we could focus on our new 7 baby girls. I have never raised chicks, didn't even think they were coming to me as just a few days old, so had to think quickly and use ideas here from Backyard chickens to create a Brooder in the garage.

They are now three weeks and are in an outdoor brooder that was converted from a dog house. So far, so good with these chicks, and I look forward to them joining the whole pack!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ameraucana
    [​IMG]
    Golden Lace Wyandotte
    [​IMG]
    Ameraucana​
    [​IMG]
    Nacked Neck
    [​IMG]
    Rhode Island Red
    [​IMG]
    Ameraucana
    [​IMG]
    Barred Rock
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. pineapple416

pineapple416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2014
    Western Washington
    They are all so cute!!! Such adorable names as well!

3. Sherlock Watson

Sherlock Watson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2016
    Salish Sea Region
    What gorgeous chicks! I love their names. May they be happy and healthy! <3 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by