Introducing the new girls

chickencrazy429

Songster
6 Years
Hi! First of all, I dunno if this is in the right forum place for this thread. I couldn't choose between Raising Baby chicks and Managing your Flock, so I just went with this. Anyways, I have four chicks all different ages. I have 1 BO, 1 month and a week old, 2 EE's, 1 month old, and a BR, 4 weeks old. So right now they're out in my garage as they got too big for the house. My Dad and I are building a coop for my three hens, and for the new additions, and my question was: what is the best way to introduce the little ones? I was gonna try the method where you stick the chicks (old enough for outside) on the roost during the night. It seemed fast and easy, and so much less of a hassle if it worked! Thought my question was, has anyone had this method end in a horrible massacre? I will probably wait another month at the most til I put my chicks in. Also, does anyone have any other ideas to introducing chicks?? Thanks in advance! --chickencrazy429

The one and only way I'd ever introduce chicks and chickens would be to create an enclosed area in the coop where they could see each other but still keep the chicks safe.

Hope someone can answer your question.
Katie

The one and only way I'd ever introduce chicks and chickens would be to create an enclosed area in the coop where they could see each other but still keep the chicks safe.

Hope someone can answer your question.
Katie
Yea, my friend did that, and it took a really long time. So, I that was probably gonna be Plan B.

Back
Top Bottom