Introducing "VAD TIGGER ROO" - My New Boer Buck! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by greenfamilyfarms, Aug 5, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Introducing "VAD TIGGER ROO" bred by Alan of Vaden Boers in Sunbury, NC. Sire - Able Acres Stallone, Dam - Rocky Ridge Amber Red (yes, RED!). Grandsire was Able Acres Vindicator, who sold for $15,000. DOB 3/3/09, so he still has some growing to do! I'm tickled to death to finally get him, even though we rode for over 8 hours to get him. Whew! I'm using the rest of my energy to fill out his IBGA registration form. You thought getting AKC papers was complicated... Yeah, right!

Here are some pictures I snapped of him really quick before it got dark. I'm not a professional photographer, but he looks pretty darn good anyways. He is in quarantine for a while, but the girls can see him and they stop and stare and make "come hither" noises at him. No kidding!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. helmstead

helmstead Songster

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    [​IMG] NICE! Congrats!!!

3. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Songster

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Nice head on him! Love the profile. Just the right amount of curve and not roman at all! Gorgeous ears and such an expression! Oh you will get some nice babies from him. A handsome boy for sure.

4. CaGoatLady

CaGoatLady Songster

Feb 10, 2009
    Auburn, CA
    Oh, he is beautiful! You can already see how nice he is going to look when he's full grown. There's just something about that Boer look that I love. My Boer, Walter, is the sweetest thing on earth, with a personality like Eeyore!

5. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    nice looking billy....are you a member of the IBGA?

6. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    ()relics :

nice looking billy....are you a member of the IBGA?

No, this is my first step to raising 100% registered Boers. I don't know whether to join the IGBA or the ABGA or both. Any recommendations are appreciated.​

7. ()relics

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    my advice? USBGA....less hassle. Is the billy correct in all aspects...teat structure,horn set,ear shape...if he is and he is also a fullblood I would go with the USBGA....JMO...I belong to the usbga and abga...if you want more info I'll give you a phone nimber and you can talk to Annette...she is the associate manager of the USBGA...Very nice lady...convinced me to switch all my new registers to their registry...I like simple and fast...The ABGA has become slow and problem filled....AGAIN JMO...

8. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    ()relics :

my advice? USBGA....less hassle. Is the billy correct in all aspects...teat structure,horn set,ear shape...if he is and he is also a fullblood I would go with the USBGA....JMO...I belong to the usbga and abga...if you want more info I'll give you a phone nimber and you can talk to Annette...she is the associate manager of the USBGA...Very nice lady...convinced me to switch all my new registers to their registry...I like simple and fast...The ABGA has become slow and problem filled....AGAIN JMO...

I know he is 2 teated and both are clean. He has those classic floppy Boer ears, but I've still have some learning to do about the specifics. Can I find more information on the USBGA or other registery websites?​

9. ()relics

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    have the initial papers been filled by the breeder? or do you have the application for registry? does he have the proper tattoos in his ears a Ysomething in his left ear and a herd tattoo in his right? and is he a full blood in comparison to a purebred?

10. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    ()relics :

have the initial papers been filled by the breeder? or do you have the application for registry? does he have the proper tattoos in his ears a Ysomething in his left ear and a herd tattoo in his right? and is he a full blood in comparison to a purebred?

Ok, he gave me papers that say - Individual Animal Registration Application
    Under the Percentage Boer box, he circled 100%
    On this form it uses Fullblood/Purebred as one category. Other less than 100% are classified as Percentages.
    He is tattoed with the Herd Prefix (VAD) on his left ear and (Y) on his right ear.

He bought the dam bred to another buck. He included an ABGA Service Memo with the previous owner's information and signature.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: