Introducing Your Chickens to the Neighbors

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Sam The Yam, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Sam The Yam

Sam The Yam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    I thought I might deliver some eggs to my neighbors with the following letter and a picture of my chickens:

Dear Neighbor,
    We, the chickens of 7672 ½ Tumblegg Dr., would like to introduce ourselves to you, one of our favorite neighbors. We live directly through the fence from you. You might have heard us making some noise every once in awhile, and hopefully it has not alarmed you in any way. We do get excited when we are about to or have laid one of these beautiful eggs. We like to announce it, so we apologize if we all of a sudden we let out some noises that you are not used to. We are just a bunch of ladies so you won’t hear any “cock a doodle doo’s”, unless of course we are trying to imitate those things they call roosters.
    We are attempting to be good neighbors. We don’t like to smell, we love to eat bugs and spiders, and we promise to go to bed just as the sun is about to go down. We don’t like to stay up late and we don’t play loud music, or do anything crazy, as we tend to mind our own business.
    You are welcome to come visit once in awhile. We love swiss chard and other green, leafy vegetable scraps. We even like cheese!
    Thanks for welcoming us to the neighborhood. Enjoy these eggs.
    Sincerely,
    Licorice, Mrs. T., B.B., Caramel, Toffie, Snickers, Butterscotch, Ruby, & Sam

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Sam... (Carl)

We want pics of the ladies....

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  3. Sam The Yam

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Here you go Mahonri! Here's your Wheaton, isn't she a good looking chicken?
    [​IMG]

And here is Licorice, the Black Star, along with Mrs. T and B.B.. the tailfeathers of Caramel the Wheaton, and two of my Americaunas:

[​IMG]

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    The perfect neighbors!

5. Sam The Yam

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Quote:That's right! You couldn't ask for better ones! Thanks for responding.
    I actually added five more to my flock tonight, stopped on the way home from work at the feed store and bought 2 RIR, 2 Dominques, and 1 Wellsummer. They are in the garage but will eventually join the flock as they get older.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Carl, they are beautiful!

7. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    I love the letter!

8. Sam The Yam

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Quote:Thanks! I am very pleased with my little flock. I have a variety of color and they are doing really well.

9. Sam The Yam

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Quote:Thanks! My neighbor got a kick out of it. I thought it was a fun way to give them some eggs.
    I appreciate the response.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by