Introducing..

farmertank

Songster
12 Years
Apr 28, 2007
Linden TN
Myself to "The Other Fowl" group.

I have been a BYC member for about 2 years. I don't post all the time, but I read alot. I tend to stick in the waterfowl part and I'm sure some of you know me, but with so many people on here I thought I would introduce myself again since my interest is now in quails and pigeons.

My name is Julie and I'm a married 29 year old female. I grew up on a dairy farm in western NY and have had birds all my life. I now live in TN and have.
5 Texas A&M quail(more coming from Monarch
wink.png
)
2 pigeons(brand new)
3 geese
22 chickens
12 ducks
4 muscovies and babies on the way.
5 rescue dogs
1 rescue cat
and a fish tank full of tropical fish.

so I just wanted to say hi and let you know a little about me. since I will be posting in here more often
smile.png

Julie

welcome welcome welllcommme!
big_smile.png

yeppers reds for you in the future for sure (amung others) hehe!

edited to add

to introduce me to you kinda LOL

I'm 24 almost 25 (in june), married animal freak. stay at home wife, hopefully sometime soon stay at home mom (we gotta make more mula first before hubby will want to bring a kiddo into the world).... mamma to many furr kids, a golden retriever mix named Koda (female---she's more Boarder collie than anything though and her dad was an eskie).

3 kitties... 1 caught,, 1 bought, and 1 rescued....( though techncially i consider the caught one a rescue too).
More than likely 100 coturnix (counting chicks)
6+ black copper marans
1 RIR chick (hubby just hASSS to keep it lol)
6 bantam chicks (unsure just yet what they are but could be a mix or pure of anything on my sig)
2 ducklings (mallards)

and me thinks that is it
big_smile.png

would LOVE some pigeons eventually and some other ducks (BEI, calls), seramas, and BLRW in the future (i technically partially own some already with my buddy Bsaffles in Tenn hatching yesterday and tonight actually)!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
It's so nice to meet so many nice people!

Brad
where in west TN are you, if you don't mind me asking? I live in Linden TN which is about 5 miles from the TN river on the Middle TN side. I moved here in March 2007 and I sooo love it.

Monarch
you sounds like me with all your fuzzy and fluffy "kiddos" lol. My DH won't let me have kids either until we are more financially stable. With the big move from NY to Tn we were glad to not have children, but now I really want one. But, we want to feel more secure in the mula department before this happens. Hopefully within a year or two.

Julie

Quote:
I'm in Gleason, TN which is in Weakley County. I guess I would be about an hour and a half away. I met a gentleman from Johnsonville who drove over to pick up quail eggs for his grandson.

Brad

Brad,
I been to Dresden(sp?) TN, but we went through Paris to get their, but your not far from there.

Oh so close to me!! Maybe I'll get to meet you someday
thumbsup.gif

Julie

Hello from yet another addicted Tennessean!
frow.gif
I have 6 A&M coturnix quail and am hoping for more very soon. I LOVE your avi, by the way. I had a good chuckle over it!

I'm a 30yo stay-at-home mom, married almost 9 years to my absolutely wonderful husband, and am beginning to homeschool our children Carter, 5, and Eleanor (Nina), 2. We live on 5 acres here in middle TN and have multiple gardens, a small orchard,blueberry patch, 16 chickens, 6 quail, 2 dogs and one very old (31yrs) Appaloosa mare-she and I have been together for 23 years. She's given us the name of our place--Appaloosa Hill.

It's nice to meet another quail-smitten Tennessean!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom