Introduction: Missouri Country boy

lcahill

Songster
6 Years
May 5, 2013
Missouri, in my Urban backyard farm!
Hey all, my name is Lucas and I am 32 yrs old from East Central Missouri about 50 miles from St. Louis. I am currently in the process of raising my first flock of chicks which include 12 11-week old white leghorns (6 hens and 6 roos...roos have very little time left before butcher), 5 rhode island reds (one died yesterday) and 6 ameraucaunas which are 3-4 weeks old and 6 production red which appear to be about 4-5 weeks old. We currently live within city limits which is why the leghorn roos will be slaughtered but we are also in the process of purchasing an old 10 acre mini farm.
celebrate.gif

My great grandma always had chickens and I loved helping her with them...except for the mean rooster which grandma put in the stock pot after he attacked me. ;)

I have been married for almost 12 years to the best gal in the world who has blessed me with 7 children and another due in July.
I really have enjoyed learning about keeping chickens and other livestock as it has greatly increased my confidence of "homesteading" in the future.
God bless ya'll.
Lucas

Hi Lucas-
Welcome to BYC. Sounds like you have quite a large flock developing. Good luck with the mini farm! I am jealous...I would love to have 10 acres!

Back
Top Bottom