Introduction to my non-feathered Animals *lots of pics*

UnttouchableRose

Songster
11 Years
Mar 12, 2008
Blountville, TN
Since I am new here I thought I would introduce my animal herd.

I currently own 1 Arabian Stallion, 1 Arabian Gelding, 2 PB Arabian Mares, 1 Mustang, 2 QH's, 1 Paint, 3 Half-Arabian mares/fillies, and a TWH Gelding. 2 of the Half-Arabians and QH are for sale due to the fact I am about to have a baby here in about 10 weeks.

I also have 3 Great Pyrenees, a Jack Russell Terrier, 2 Lab mutts and a Sheperd Mutt.

In the cat department we have a bunch of barn kitties, and then the pet kitties are 2 manx kittens, LE our old cat, and Laurel our barn cat turn house cat when he lost a leg this winter, plus Komatsu a flame point Himalayan and Charlie a white cat.

We our selling our cows also but for the time being have two Charolais cows remaining. Their names are Nancy and Gertrude. We are going to sell them and buy Hair Sheep to replace them.

Last but not least is 3 Boer goats and 1 Pygmy. All had babies this year and something went way wrong, I lost one nanny with three babies, 1 nanny lost three babies, 1 aborted and then I had one born with a cleft palate that died this week at 3.5 weeks old.

I'll have to introduce the chickens and ducks elsewhere and it'll take a while. I do have 2 Blue Swedish Males, 2 White Pekins, 2 Khaki Campbells and 1 crested Male Duck, As for chickens lets just say I have 150 plus right now, I have a BUNCH of different breeds but primarily laying hens and ornamental breeds.

I won't bore anyone with loads of info on the horses or other animals them but feel free to ask if you'd like most of them have very nice show records and do some pretty cool things in general. I could talk for days about my horses!

Okay hang on Photobucket has messed up! I'll post another post with all the pictures!

Last edited:
Okay that's a little better!

I'm still trying to get used to how this forum is laid out it's a bit different from my other regular forum.
smile.png

I guess I should add that I have pictures of one of my foster horses in there from the day I got her. She was in horrible condition but has made a remarkable recovery.

Hopefully I can get the info on them next time!

Wow - great pics.

I absolutely love Arabs, I had to put my 29 yr. old Arab mare down two years ago -- it was so hard. She was the best.

I gotta ask -- How in the heck do you have time to take care of all those beautiful animals!! They're all gorgeous, but I can't imagine how I could feed, ride, brush, muck out, pet, etc, all of them! Do you have help?

Quote:
LOL! Yes I have wonderful help! My mother (fleenorfarmmom) and dad help me a lot these days but I also have a wonderful husband named Adam that allows me to ahve this menagerie and helps me with alot of the work.

As for care of the animals, the goats, cows, dogs, cats are all pretty low maintainence and get played with and loved and fed twice daily while doing barn chores. The horses are turned out during the day and up at night, I usually do all the work myself but with carrying a extra few lbs of baby right now my parents do stalls for me daily and I do everything else.

None of the horses are being worked right now just out on pasture enjoying life. Romance, Sky, Pete, Kriz and Tab are either retired, injured or broodmares. Cassie, Kara, Rebel, AJ, Touch are trail and/or show horses and are worked with 3 times a week.

Poppy, Dixie, Penny are all for sale and kept in show condition until sold actually I am giving them away.

But yes I have lots of help I just don't do it on my own.

Shew, you sure have a nice, big gang there! Your mustang looks big- how tall is she? She looks TB typey. Mine is only 14.2, but stocky, I will have to figure out how to post pictures here.

Back
Top Bottom